Monday, October 19, 2009

BYU Lost & Found Sale

On Friday, October 16th, Joshua, Tiffany, Tina (a friend) & I drove to Provo for the BYU Lost & Found Sale on Saturday the 17th. We stayed with Ryan & Heather and Tina stayed at her brother's house. This is my 1st time going to the sale and if you know me, I enjoy going to garage sales, thrift stores, etc. The sale started at 9 am, so we (Ryan went with us) arrived at BYU around 7:15 am and waited in line for the doors to open. There were already a lot of people in front of us. Once the doors opened, it was a mad rush to find some good items to buy. People were grabbing stuff and it seemed like most of the good stuff was gone in about 30 minutes. Joshua, Tiffany & Tina stood in line to go to the jewelry room, where they were limited to 3 items each. We checked out and then Josh wanted to go back in and get some sunglasses, so we did. We ended up buying more stuff the 2nd time since people put back some of the stuff they decided they didn't want and we did! We had a lot of fun "shopping". We were able to get 5 CTR rings, watch, 5 BYU sweatshirts, coat/jacket, 2 hats, beanie, umbrella, sunglasses, water bottles, BYU football, 2 scripture cases, headphones, & 2 hats, all for less than $50. We hope to be able to go again next year!

Waiting in line (photo courtesy of Ryan)
Tables before sale started (photo courtesy of Ryan)
Some of the things we bought.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

awesome! that is fun, I want to go:)!!

Raree (RAH-ree) said...

I love that sale! It's true that I never went to buy anything, but Dave did when I was working it. I had the pleasure of working the cash register. Probably some of the highest quality second-hand stuff you'll find all in one spot! So cool - way to go!

Stephanie Johnson said...

I still have fond memories of the deals I got from that sale many years ago. How fun for you to go with just two kids!