Thursday, October 20, 2011

Scrapbooking

My Mom, sisters (Ashley & Stephanie), Merica & I went to a digital scrapbook retreat in Orem, UT on October 14th & 15th. The retreat was held at La Quinta Inn in a conference room. We liked staying at the same hotel and just walking downstairs for the retreat. We all enjoyed being away from everyday responsibilities for a few days, enjoying great company and scrapbooking. We learned a lot of new things Photoshop Elements will do to make our pages look even better! On Friday night, we went to visit Tyler at his apartment at BYU. We took him to the Creamery on the 9th to enjoy some yummy ice cream. On Sunday morning, Stephanie had to fly back to TX early, but the rest of us were able to attend Noah's (Scott & Heather's) blessing. I drove back to Idaho after the blessing. Wonderful weekend which I hope we will be able to make a yearly event!


Laptops in hand, all ready to go (Ashley came a little later due to teaching)

Ashley & Melanie

Melanie & Merica
Marilyn & Stephanie
The next 2 are 2 of the layouts I finished, using steps I have not done before

Good food & yummy snacks


One of the ladies attending the retreat made these adorable cupcakes

Visiting Tyler---he seems to have grown taller!

Noah's blessing day


5 comments:

Melanie said...

Looks like a great time. Thanks for sharing. I would love to be there next time!!

Shirley

France said...

I didn't even know there was such a retreat. How fun! Your pages look really good. Lashelle

chapples8 said...

It was so so fun! Thanks for making all the plans for the retreat Melanie. I loved being with so much family for several days and having great support to Noah's blessing. I like the new design on your blog.

Melanie said...

Ok I want to know what technique you used on your two pages. I also want to know what the witches legs where made of. Every Halloween time we make treats for people in the neighborhood and they are so cute. Wendy

Maria said...

That looks like so much fun! Wish they'd had that when I lived there...

Tyler looks like he is having a good time. :)