Uncle Paul
My uncle's name is Paul.
He is very tall and always happy.
When I think of him
I think of a basketball court in Wyoming.
I picture a basketball and the court.
When I thin of you, I think of the
black court, the bouncing of a ball.
I smell the dirt on my hands
after bouncing the ball.
We play with cousins and other uncles.
We play basketball.
He says, "Atta boy!"
I say "what up?"
I am always excited when with him.
He is a nice person.
I am glad he likes to play basketball.
I am glad we get together as families.
Uncle Paul holding Dillon
2 comments:
Hey Josh, I love your poem. Keep up the writing....I went through some of gma Egbert's papers the other day and found some of my poetry from High School....I laughed a lot but loved the memories they brought.....Keep it going! Melanie, I miss seeing you and yours at the HSR....come see us again. Jared and Lindsay and Mike and Missi and Nick and Amy will all be here for Thanksgiving so maybe your family could pop by sometime that weekend. lov Aunt Carol
Thanks Josh for the nice poem. I will email that to Paul so he can see it. He loves playing basketball with you also. Maybe at Thanksgiving time if there is no snow:)
Post a Comment