Lon, Brad (family friend) & I went to the wrestling tournament in Challis, ID on Feb. 5th & 6th. Challis is about 3 1/2 hour drive from Wendell. We were told the tournament started at 3p.m. but when we got there, we found out that it didn't start until 5 p.m. We had time to check into our motel and Lon & Brad walked around Challis to see more of the little town. The first night, the tournament only wrestled 2 rounds. Tyler pinned a wrestler from Wood River. Saturday morning, the tournament didn't start until 10 a.m. so we were able to sleep in and then go and eat breakfast at the high school before the meet started. Tyler wrestled a guy from Burley who pinned him. Then Tyler pinned the next two wrestlers (one from Canyon Ridge HS (Twin Falls) and one from Minico HS) and took 3rd place! He did so good. There were 3 from Wendell who took 2nd place, Tyler took 3rd place and 1 took 5th place. Wendell placed 7th overall. We arrived back in Wendell around 9:30 p.m. Long but fun day! Thanks to David & Ann, we were able to go without our children and our children were able to spend some good time with their grandparents!Some Wendell wrestlers ready to eat dinner!

Wendell wrestlers

Chris, Tyler, Spencer, Schuyler, Charlie

Place where we ate dinner---Brad had a buffalo burger---was it fresh buffalo?

Video (edited) of Tyler wrestling a wrestler from Wood River HS
4 comments:
Awesome Job Tyler! I am hoping to be able to come and watch in Pocatello!
SWEET FIREMANS TAKEDOWN! That is the first time I have seen someone go from their knees to their feet and then hit the roll from a standing position. Very effective! I had to watch it a few times just to make sure I was seeing it right...I was. When is state?
Tyler took 2nd in districts last night and will be going to state on Feb. 26th & 27th in Pocatello.
Good job on all the wrestling you've been doing Tyler. They'd better all watch out for next year--here comes Tyler!
Post a Comment