Saturday, July 25, 2009

Jewel Cave & Road Trip

On the way to South Dakota, we (Tiffany, Josh & Tyler) saw a lot of wild donkey's. They were all over the road! We stopped along the road to take pictures and we petted them. They were so cute!

We also saw so many buffalo! They all took their time to cross the road. One buffalo that I saw was a lot bigger than the rest. They were cool to watch.

We also went to Jewel Caves. The tour begins at the visitor center with an elevator ride into the cave. We followed a paved, lighted path and climbed up and down more than 700 stairs! It was 49 degrees in the caves! It was so cold!

This is a picture of what it looks like underground in the caves. There was so much moisture in the air!

I thought that this was pretty cool!

In the picture above, you can tell that there was some red and different colors in the cave. In a different part of the cave there was something that looked just like bacon. It was 20 feet long! I really liked the caves.

1 comment:

Me and My Gang said...

looks like sooo much fun! Justun and I were going to go see Mt. Rushmore on the way back from North Dakota but the drive was sooo very long and we wanted to get back soo bad! Seeing those pictures makes me wish that I had gone, sure am glad you guys got to go that is awesome!