Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Girls Camp

Tiffany's Girl’s Camp 2010 Miracle Hot Springs
June 22 - 25
Kung Fu Panda

Day 1: We got to camp and set it up. Then we went swimming in a lake really close to our camp ground. After that we went into a pool by where we were staying. The water was VERY hot.

Day 2: At about 10:00 we went on a hiking trip to Box Canyon. Along the way there were huge ant hills. We hiked into the canyon. What a beautiful place. Then we came back to camp and broke a piñata. At about 8:00 we watched Kung Fu Panda.

Day 3: In the morning we went on a Faith Walk. For our Faith Walk we had to complete certain tasks for each of the 8 young women values. At the very end we earned our black belt. The Faith Walk was really quite fun. At 5:00 we had skits and we had to use some martial art wisdom from the movie Kung Fu Panda. That was fun.

Day 4: We woke up cleaned out our tents, packed up, ate breakfast and left.

Every day we went to the lake except for day 4. The food we had was very good. My favorite food was taco salad and the fortune cookies. Camp was really fun this year. I can’t wait until next year.

Tiffany packed & ready to leave to YW camp

Enjoying a sucker in the tentThousand Springs

Boat ride

Tin foil dinners---yummy

Pinata

Some of the girls on the hike

Box Canyon waterfall

Box Canyon

Snake that visited our camp

Belts I earned on Faith Walk

11 comments:

Ashley said...

wow, I can't believe you are old enough for girls Camp! That is so fun! I always enjoyed girls camp!

Lon said...

That's great Tiffany. We are so proud of you and your excitement to always choose the right. Thank you for being our awesome 12 (WOW) year old. Your mom is getting old.

mom C said...

Tiffany, so fun to see your camp pictures....reminds me a lot of days gone by....long gone! :) Thanks for sharing...now come see your Aunt Carol....hang out with me at the Humanitarian room some day....we would all love it. Lov Aunt Carol

Chapples said...

Looks like you had a great time! I always loved going to camp!

Rebecca said...

Looks like a fun girls camp Tiffany. Ours is this week, but I am not going :( I don't want to hang out in the sun all day and get swollen.

Melanie said...

Dad--- Thanks Dad! HAHA your funny!
Luv, Tiffany

Aunt Carol--- I will try to figure out a time when we can come over and see you!

Stephanie Johnson said...

Wow, a themed girl's camp! It sounded like you had a good time, Tiffany. And tell your dad that's he's a spring chicken! :)

Annie and Family said...

What a totally fun camp theme. I love it! Crazy that Tiffany is THAT OLD... :)

Justine Elese said...

ahhw.. that looks like so much fun! you must have had awesome leaders who planned it! you are a lucky girl.. Box canyon is one of my favorite places. you're right it's beautiful! well it looks like your ward had tons of fun. girls camp rocks!

Justine Elese said...

ahhw.. that looks like so much fun! you must have had awesome leaders who planned it! you are a lucky girl.. Box canyon is one of my favorite places. you're right it's beautiful! well it looks like your ward had tons of fun. girls camp rocks!

Melanie said...

Justine--- Yes it was tons of fun! I loved Girl's Camp!
--- Tiffany