Thursday, June 10, 2010

ATV

When I (Melanie) was growing up, my siblings & I always dreamed of owning a 3 wheeler. For hours, we took turns pushing each other around on my Grandparents old riding lawnmower. Whenever we had the chance to ride on our friends 3 wheeler, we were excited and had a lot of fun! Eventually, my Grandparents gave us their old riding lawn mower and my Dad put a lawn mower motor on it. We had hours of fun riding around on it. Now, jump forward 25-30 years and we have children who have been asking for a 4 wheeler (ATV). We have considered buying an ATV to use for yard work, snow removal, etc. After paying off of our students loans, we bought an ATV with a snow shovel attachment. We have really enjoyed the ATV.

James, Scott & Kevin on old riding lawn mower

Our children on ATV

3 comments:

France said...

That was fun to read. Brought back some good memories. Congrats on paying off your school loans. I bet you will all enjoy the ATV. Lashelle

Devin and Melinda said...

ATV's are so handy! Our kids love to ride them...one of these days we'll have one. Glad you decided to get it!

Annie and Family said...

How fun! We borrow my in-laws 4wheeler sometimes. (We have the greatest ATV hills/land one block behind our house!) I know my husband and kids would LOVE to have one too. Hope you have a ball. Or even better, hope you come see US and we could go together! Hee Hee.