Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Traveling to AZ
Our children, Megan (cousin) & I traveled to Arizona to spend a few weeks with my family. On the 14 hour trip there, Brianna let us know that she was car sick twice. The second time, we had just passed Mexican Water. I have always heard to not stop on the reservation, but felt we had to so we could clean up the mess. I was going to pull over on a driveway, but noticed a truck coming down the driveway, so I pulled a little bit farther forward. I cleaned up the mess and then tried to leave, but my back wheels just spun---we were stuck in the sand! We put rocks under the tires, hoping to get some traction, but as I tried to pull out, we sunk farther, up to our muffler on one side. So, we all jumped out of the driver's side door because we were worried that the van was going to tip. We said a prayer and then shortly after that, a lady and her daughter stopped and offered to take us somewhere to make a phone call or ask for help. So, Tiffany, Justin, Brianna & I went with them back to Mexican Water (about 3 miles). There was no one there who could help, so we drove back to our van. The lady said she would try to find a phone to call a tow truck (cell phone service was in & out). Then, a guy pulling a trailer full of boards passed us and pulled over down the road. Next we knew, he had turned around to come and help us. He said that his wife had told him to take off the trailer and help us, an answer to our prayers! He stayed on the road and helped Tyler hook up a tow rope. He was able to pull us right out! We were all so thankful for his help and for the immediate answer to many prayers!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh my gosh, how scary! I am glad he helped you out. At that point in the drive you are a long way away from pretty much everything! What a great testimony building experience for your children. Glad you made it okay.
Crazy story! You didn't tell us that happened on your way down, we're glad everything turned out fine. We actually like the diner there in Mexican Water (I think that's where it is), the food at least is good :) Next time you could probably feel safe stopping there if needed.
What an experience, esp. having 7 children with you and you being the only adult. It's always good to know there's people that listen to the Spirit and will stop and help.
Wow that is crazy. I am so glad that you had people. From the picture it just looks like clay, I wouldn't have thought it to be sand!
Melanie, I was so sorry to read about Lon's Grandmother, a loss is hard no matter what age. There is always a hole left behind. You sure have some neat pictures.
I am thankful that your trip didn't get worse than that and doesn't it make us all even more greatful that we can pray and have those prayers answered. Hope to see you guys soon at dance. :)
Post a Comment