Thursday, June 4, 2009

Happy 40th, Lon!

On the eve of Lon's 40th birthday, I was up kind-of late working on some digital scrapbook pages (because it was quiet and I could concentrate w/o interruptions). Anyway, it seemed like all the neighborhood dogs (including ours) had been barking for at least 10 minutes (which is not unusual). Anyway, our bedroom window was open and I heard the rocks move right outside the window and our dogs started barking even more. I thought it was an animal until about a minute later, I heard the rocks move again and my heart sank into my stomach. I turned off the lights and peeked out my window and was SCARED TO DEATH to see a man crouching around Lon's car. My first thought was, "OH no, he is going to steal Lon's car right in front of us". So, I quietly woke up Lon. He peeked out the window and then started screaming at whoever it was, who ran quickly away. We proceeded to turn on all of our outside lights and call 911. When I was on the phone with 911, I looked out the front window and..................saw that we had been toilet papered and there were headstones in our front yard. So, I told the guy at 911 not to worry about sending an officer, but I was thankful it was just toilet paper and not someone actually trying to steal our car. Anyway, after about 5 minutes, Lon just had to see what was outside and this is what we found...........






We did not find out who the pranksters were until almost a week later. Thanks, Luke & Gini for the laughs & great story!

4 comments:

chapples8 said...

What a great, creative idea and the best part is that they kept Lon guessing as to who did it--Great job, love it!

Ashley said...

haha great pictures! Glad you found out who it was!

Stephanie Johnson said...

My first thought was: that was right up Lon's alley of pranks! It's funny that headstones were found near your graveyard of cars! I didn't realize it was the BIG year for you, Lon...but now I'd like to wish you a happy birthday. You're never too old to wash your car (sorry, but I couldn't help notice). :) Happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!! What did you do and what did you get?

Chantelle and Fam said...

Haha...That is a freakin' AWESOME way to celebrate a birthday...maybe I ought to use it sometime...I guess they couldn't have a dog though...;)
Chantelle